- As announced previously, Lori Pendleton, long-time Project Assistant in the ED/SBS office retired at the end of October and has happily settled in sunny Florida. We are in the process of negotiating the PVL to fill Lori’s position.
- Also previously announced, Assistant Director Lee Alliet is on maternity leave following the birth of her second child, Nora.
- ... and Assistant Director Jeff Nytes has accepted a position with RSP. Jeff will assume his new job on Monday November 17th.
We hope to fill Jeff’s position immediately, and also look forward to Lee’s return from her leave. In the meantime, as noted above---plan ahead!
- Common misconceptions about the IRB;
- Updates to the ARROW system;
- Outreach sessions for spring;
- Using Box.com for research data;
- And more!
Updates to ARROW system
The IRB offices and Graduate School IT have been working together for several months to find ways to improve ARROW’s performance. A key factor in improving ARROW's speed is moving the system to new servers.
To allow this server switch to occur, ARROW will be unavailable from:
October 2nd at 6 p.m. to October 3rd at 12 p.m.
Please do not try logging into ARROW during this time. An email will be sent to study teams on October 3rd confirming when the system is back online. We apologize for the inconvenience this outage may cause. We look forward to the improved performance that the new servers will bring to ARROW and thank everyone for their patience.
Any courses completed prior to 6:00 AM on Monday, July 29
should be visible to UW-Madison administrators and within the Grad
to complete CITI courses prior to this time may result in delays to
the IRB review
process, including submission for SBS/ED IRB applications.
For assistance, please use the below contact info.
- For general questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about Effort Reporting Training: email@example.com
- For questions about Human Subjects Training and IRB submissions:
- Health Sciences IRBs firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education & Social Behavioral IRBs email@example.com
- For questions about Stem Cell Training: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates to ARROW system
There are updates being made to several projects (IRBs and IACUC) on the ARROW system which will be complete by May 1, 2013. Please watch for the May IRB Insider for more details on the changes made to the ED/SBS IRB application.
Due to these updates the ARROW system is scheduled to be down during the following times:
Sunday, April 21 from 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday, April 29 from 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.